Sunday, June 24, 2007

Immediate 'Unedited' Thoughts

We were given a glimpse into the future - of a range of practical alternative possibilities for our school - that fit in with our directions - already taken.

Articulating the vision to all our community will be our foremost job (duty). I think we do it to hard in many parts of the school. Rosetta High School faced down those problems as a staff.

The part that intrigues me is how will we do it? Or what part is suitable for our school and community?

The bit I loved the most was listening to and watching teachers 'drive' their day with passion. I also witnessed this in the US last year. I think their passion is ignited because they have devised a structure that allows it to 'burn brightly' in everything they do.

I think we have all the ingedients to get this going, and I want to be a part of it.

3 comments:

Jack and William's Mum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jack and William's Mum said...

I am very envious of your fantastic trip to Tassie and I can't wait to see the changes that may come from it in our school. I can already see the 'vision' from only 12 months ago starting to become a reality.

I was interested to hear about the emphasis on GameMaker as I have used this with Year 8 IT last year but only as fun thing to learn in the last two weeks of term.

What sort of structure is it that allows a teacher to 'burn brightly'? Is it a structure or a culture?

Also I am glad to see you all using blogger (I wonder if little Jack Duncan started this trend?) and I can't wait to see your own personal blogs!

Margaret said...

My first thoughts are WOW there are so many advances that we have made in IT infrastructure at Wanniassa and how can we get as many staff as possible passionate about engaging students and taking advantage of the skills kids already have. We must move slowly and in small steps - remembering that what we saw in Tasmainia did not happen over night- but continue to improve outcomes for kids along the way.